1. A teardrop fell upon my hand|
Another followed soon..
I watched and saw them meet and blend
A quivering balloon..
2. I see the orb move to and fro
A pearly drop so clear
Another made the bubble grow
To form a dancing sphere
3. But soon it shattered, drowned within|
Cascades of salty rain
I felt it trickle on my skin
Upon the earth to drain
4. Each single drop of salt it seems
Was wrung out from my heart
The pain, the ache, the silent screams
In tears seem to depart
5. And emptiness is all that's left|
A hollow darkened space
Of love and passion I'm bereft
Of you there is no trace.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Bridge | Forum |