1. Be thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart|
Naught be all else to me save that thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping thy presence my light.
2. Be thou my wisdom, thou my true word
I ever with thee, thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, I thy true Son
Thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.
3. Be thou my battleshield, sword for the fight|
Be thou my dignity, thou my delight
Thou my soul's shelter, thou my high tower
Raise thou me heavenward, oh power of my power.
4. Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise
Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and thou only, first in my heart
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.
5. High King of heaven, after victory won|
May I reach heaven's joys, oh bright heaven's sun
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, oh ruler of all.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |