1. I'll tell you a story of a row in the town|
When the green flag went up and the Crown rag came down
'Twas the neatest and sweetest thing ever you saw
And they played the best games played in Erin Go Bragh.
2. One of our comrades was down at Ring's End
For the honor of Ireland to hold and defend
He had no veteran soldiers but volunteers raw
Playing sweet Mauser music for Erin Go Bragh.
3. Now here's to Pat Pearse and our comrades who died
Tom Clarke, MacDonagh, MacDiarmada, McBryde
And here's to James Connolly who gave one hurrah
And faced the machine guns for Erin Go Bragh.
4. One brave English captain was ranting that day|
Saying, "Give me one hour and I'll blow you away,"
But a big Mauser bullet got stuck in his craw
And he died of lead poisoning in Erin Go Bragh.
5. Old Ceannt and his comrades like lions at bay
From the South Dublin Union poured death and dismay
And what was their horror when the Englishmen saw
All the dead khaki soldiers in Erin Go Bragh.
6. Now here's to old Dublin, and here's her renown
In the long generation her fame will go down
And our children will tell how their forefathers saw
The red blaze of freedom in Erin Go Bragh.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |