1. In battle row, deep war-like times|
In cornet loud the trumpet blew,
Young Edward left his native land,
A drummer's boy for Waterloo.
2. He who knew no infant fears,
3. His mother in her lips she pressed,|
An' bid her noble boy adieu,
With wringin' hands an' achin' heart,
Beheld his march to Waterloo.
4. Ho comrades, comrades, Edward cried,
5. We laid his head upon his drum|
Beneath the moon like mournful dew,
The night was still, the battle hummed,
We dug his grave at Waterloo.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |