Melody - "The Ship That Never Returned"
1. Well, they handed him his orders in Monroe, Virginia,|
Sayin', "Steve, you're way behind time.
This is not 38, it is Old 97
You must put her into Spencer on time."
2. Well, the engineer he said to his black, greasy fireman
3. It's a mighty hard road from Lynchburg to Danville
4. He was goin' down the grade making 90 miles an hour,
5. Now the telegram came into Washington Station
6. Now listen, all you ladies, you must all take a warning,
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |