1. All things which live below the sky,|
Or move within the sea,
Are creatures of the Lord most high,
And brothers unto me.
2. I love to hear the robin sing,
Perched on the highest bough;
To see the rook with purple wing
Follow the shining plough.
3. I love to watch the swallow skim|
The river in his flight;
To mark, when day is growing dim,
The glowworm's silvery light;
4. The seagull whiter than the foam,
The fish that dart beneath;
The lowing cattle coming home;
The goats upon the heath.
5. Almighty Father, King of Kings,|
The lover of the meek,
Make me a friend of helpless things,
Defender of the weak.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |