Melody - Sagina, Thomas Campbell - arrangement for a Male Quartet
1. And can it be that I should gain|
An int'rest in the Savior's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God shouldst die for me?
2. 'Tis mystery all, th'immortal dies!
3. He left His Father's throne above,|
So free, so infinite His grace!
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam's helpless race!
'Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For, O my God, it found out me.
4. Long my imprisoned spirit lay
5. No condemnation now I dread:
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Brücke | Forum |