1. Approach, my soul, the mercy seat|
Where Jesus answers prayer;
There humbly fall before His feet,
For none can perish there.
2. Thy promise is my only plea,
With this I venture nigh;
Thou callest burdened souls to Thee,
And such, O Lord, am I.
3. Bowed down beneath a load of sin,|
By Satan sorely pressed,
By wars without and fears within,
I come to Thee for rest.
4. Be Thou my Shield and Hiding-place,
That, sheltered near Thy side,
I may my fierce Accuser face
And tell him Thou hast died.
5. O wondrous Love, to bleed and die,|
To bear the cross and shame,
That guilty sinners such as I
Might plead Thy gracious name!
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |