1. Asleep, in Jesus! Blessed sleep,|
From which none ever wakes to weep;
A calm and undisturbed repose,
Unbroken by the last of foes.
2. Asleep in Jesus! Oh, how sweet
To be for such a slumber meet,
With holy confidence to sing
That death has lost his venomed sting!
3. Asleep tn Jesus! Peaceful rest,
Whose waking is supremely blest
No fear, no woe, shall dim that hour
That manifests the Savior's power.
4. Asleep In Jesus! Oh, for me|
May such a blissful refuge be!
Securely shall my ashes lie
And wait the summons from on high.
5. Asleep in Jesus! Time nor space
Debars this precious "hiding-place";
On Indian plains or Lapland snows
Believers find the same repose.
6. Asleep in Jesus! Far from Thee
Thy kindred and their graves may be;
But there is still a blessed sleep,
From which none ever wakes to weep.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |