1. Fill thou my life, O Lord my God,|
In every part with praise,
That my whole being may proclaim
Thy being and thy ways.
2. Not for the lip of praise alone,
Nor e'en the praising heart,
I ask, but for a life made up
Of praise in every part:
3. Praise in the common things of life,|
Its goings out and in;
Praise in each duty and each deed,
However small and mean.
4. Fill every part of me with praise;
Let all my being speak
Of thee and of thy love, O Lord,
Poor though I be and weak.
5. So shall no part of day or night|
From sacredness be free;
But all my life, in every step,
Be fellowship with thee.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |