1. In our work and in our play,|
Jesus, be thou ever near;
Guarding, guiding all the day,
Keep us in thy presence dear.
2. Thou, who at thy mother's knee
Learned to hearken and obey,
Then, work done, ran happily
With the children to their play;
3. And by Joseph's bench did stand,
Holding his edged tools, as he
Guiding them with skilful hand,
Made a carpenter of thee;
4. Help us, that with eager mind|
We may learn both fact and rule,
Patient, diligent and kind
In the comradeship of school.
5. Help us, too, in sport and game
Gallantly to play our part;
Win or lose, to keep the same
Dauntless spirit and brave heart.
6. May we grow like him in grace,
True in mind and pure of soul,
Meeting life with steadfast face,
Run its race and reach the goal.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |