Melody - "Gottlob, es geht nunmehr zu End", Johann S. Bach
1. The death of Jesus Christ, our Lord,|
We celebrate with one accord;
It is our comfort in distress,
Our heart's sweet joy and happiness.
2. He blotted out with His own blood
3. That this is now and ever true
4. His Word proclaims, and we believe.
5. A precious food is this indeed,|
It never fails us in our need,
A heavenly manna for our soul,
Until we safely reach our goal.
6. Oh, blest is each believing guest
7. The guest that comes with true intent
8. They who His Word do not believe,
9. Help us sincerely to believe|
That we may worthily receive
Thy Supper and in Thee find rest.
Amen, he who believes is blest.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Brücke | Forum |