Melody - St. Magnus, Jeremiah Clarke
The Head that once was crowned with thorns|
Is crowned with glory now;
A royal diadem adorns
The mighty Victor's brow.
2. The highest place that heaven affords
3. The Joy of all who dwell above,
4. To them the cross, with all its shame,|
With all its grace, is given;
Their name an everlasting name,
Their joy the joy of heaven.
5. They suffer with their Lord below,
6. The cross He bore is life and health,
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Brücke | Forum |