1. There's not a tint that paints the rose,|
Or decks the lily fair,
Or streaks the humblest flower that blows,
But God has placed it there.
2. There's not of grass a single blade,
Or leaf of loveliest green,
Where heavenly skill is not displayed,
And heavenly wisdom seen.
3. There's not a star whose twinkling light|
Shines on the distant earth,
And cheers the silent gloom of night
But God has given it birth.
4. There's not a place on earth's vast round,
In ocean deep, or air,
Where skill and wisdom are not found,
For God is everywhere.
5. Around, beneath, below, above,|
Wherever space extends,
There he displays his boundless love,
And power with mercy blends.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |