1. Through the night of doubt and sorrow|
Onward goes the pilgrim band,
Singing songs of expectation,
Marching to the promised land,
2. Clear before us through the darkness
Gleams and burns the guiding light;
Brother clasps the hand of brother,
Stepping fearless through the night.
3. One the object of our journey,|
One the faith which never tires,
One the earnest looking forward,
One the hope our God inspires.
4. One the strain that lips of thousands
Lift as from the heart of one;
One the conflict, one the peril,
One the match in God begun.
5. One the gladness of rejoicing|
On the far eternal shore,
Where the one almighty Father
Reigns in love for evermore.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |