Lord God, we all to Thee give praise,|
Thanksgivings meet to Thee we raise,
That angel hosts Thou didst create
Around Thy glorious throne to wait.
2. They shine with light and heavenly grace
3. They never rest nor sleep as we;
4. The ancient Dragon is their foe;
5. As he of old deceived the world|
And into sin and death has hurled,
So he now subtly lies in wait
To ruin school and Church and State.
6. A Roaring lion, round he goes,
7. But watchful is the angel band
8. For this, now and in days to be,
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Brücke | Forum |