Now praise we Christ, the Holy One,|
The blessed Virgin Mary's Son,
Far as the glorious sun doth shine,
E'en to the world's remote confine.
2. He who Himself all things did make
3. The grace and power of God the Lord
4. The noble mother bore a Son,|
For so did Gabriel's promise run,
Whom John confessed and leaped with joy
Ere yet the mother knew her boy.
5. Upon a manger filled with hay
6. The heavenly choirs rejoice and raise
7. All honor unto Christ be paid,|
Pure Offspring of the favored maid,
With Father and with Holy Ghost,
Till time in endless time be lost.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email | Brücke | Forum |